March 20, 2011

Shopping with the Groom's Family

Today, I began my wedding adventure in Scottsdale, with Ryan's family. I had engagement gifts waiting for me upon my arrival. I received an amazing wedding fashion book from Collyn & Corey, and Kate Spade toasting glasses from Shirley & Bill. What a treat! I felt so special, I keep forgetting this is all for me.
We started our day with a lovely lunch at Culinary Dropout and then proceeded with our bridal appointments. I had the girls try on dresses, so I could get an idea of what my future bridesmaid dress will look like. So far, no one carries the dress in the color or style I'm seeking, I guess that makes it very unique. I will need to make my judgement by viewing similar dresses by the designer.


Even though I found my dress yesterday, I still tried on some gowns as well. It's good to always be open to other dresses. I tried on some Vera Wang dresses from Priscilla of Boston that were absolutely beautiful, but my heart was still with the dress from yesterday. If the first dress beats Vera Wang you know it's the right dress. More on my dress in the next post!


My day with Ryan's family ended with a lot of hugs and love. I'm excited to be a part of their wonderful family.

No comments:

Post a Comment