March 20, 2011

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

This afternoon, I had another appointment to view my favorite dress thus far. I rushed over there from Scottsdale. Yes, I was speeding on the highway! This is a pretty funny statement since I drive like a grandma. I met my god-mother Janet & Nicole (bridesmaid & Ryan's sister) at the bridal shop. My god-mother was dressed just like me (see pic below). We are always dressing the same without planning it. I guess great minds think alike.

Anyways, after trying on "the" dress one last time, I knew it was the one. I decided to purchase it. Well....that was the plan. As I was getting my measurements, my god-mother played a SLICK move and gave her credit card to my bridal consultant. Yes, you're reading this right!! My Godmother, Janet and my uncle Fred, purchased my dress! I couldn't believe it and I instantly started crying. This was the best gift someone could have given me. How can one woman be so blessed?

My godmother is the most amazing person, mother and friend. She has always been a special part of my life since the day I was born. Now, she gets to be part of my special day as well. I'm so thankful to have her in my life. Her love story is pretty amazing too. She met her now husband when she was 16 years old. They dated all through college and got married at 21. Even though they were young, they still accomplished their goals and graduated from Arizona State University and University of Arizona.
Here is a vintage picture of my aunt and uncle from high school. Aren't they cute!


Here is a picture taken a year ago, at a soccer game for their eldest son Gabriel (groomsman).
I just noticed the black and yellow balloons in the background. Very fitting.


Here we are again, dressed the same!


Thank you again, Nina & Tio Fred. I'm forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment