March 20, 2011

Can you wear YELLOW?

The answer is YES! I think yellow looks great on everyone. Some of my friends who already knew they were going to be in the wedding, were hesitant about the idea of wearing yellow, because they're blonde. They thought they would be "washed out" with the color. First of all, I am picking a canary yellow for my wedding, not a faint yellow that mostly washes out everyone's skin color. I found this picture of Kate Hudson from "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days," and thought if she could do it my friends with blonde hair can do it too!


I had originally picked out this dress for $99.00, at Davids Bridal. My goal was to try and keep my bridesmaid's dress under $150.00. Being a bridesmaid is expensive, so I try to help with keeping the cost down. I have seen this dress in person and it's not the right color.


I went back to the drawing board and came across a designer that's more my style. My friends would call these dresses "Bridgette dresses." I have a strange style but I go with it. I like to think my style is classic, timeless and fashionable.

I'm in love with ALFRED SUNG dresses! They remind me of something Jackie-O would wear (a fashionista I idolize). The yellow dress below is stunning!


Sadly, Alfred Sung dresses retail around $190-$200. I didn't want my bridesmaids to pay this much because it's only a dress they will use once. Almost all my bridesmaids, reassured me that the price wouldn't be an issue. After a lot of searching, I think I have my bridesmaids dresses picked out and my MAID OF HONOR has figured out a way to keep the cost down. Stay tuned to see what I have picked out...

No comments:

Post a Comment