August 28, 2011

It takes a village to raise a child

This is my last weekend as a "Walker" and I'm excited about my journey into my new life. I get to spend the rest of my life with my best friend. Does it get better than that? We wouldn't have made it this far in our lives if it wasn't for the amazing people around us. Our family and friends make up the people we have become in this lifetime. I truly believe the saying " It takes a village to raise a child" because it doesn't take one person to raise someone. It takes EVERYONE!

I am the person I am today because of my parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, colleagues , neighbors, mutual friends,teachers, professors, bosses, pets, and the random people we meet from time to time. Each conversation, hug, smile, cry, laughter has lead me to the where I am today. My journey isn't over because in life it's always changing and I'm always growing.

I wanted to take this opportunity thank everyone that was part of my village because it's been amazing and I'm forever thankful. I dedicate this song to all of you. I love Randy Travis and the words are fitting since I'm from the country. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment