March 20, 2011

Wedding Party Invitation

Ryan and I spent Sunday afternoon, hand crafting our wedding party invitations. First, we had to put our list together of our closest friends and family. This was such a DIFFICULT task for me. I have so many lovely people in my life, so it was hard to keep my number under 20! I can't have 20 bridesmaids, so I had to revisit my list a few times to do a process of elimination.
I then got the list down to 15. I sat on the idea of having 15 bridesmaids, but my husband to be gave me some funny looks. I had to revisit the list AGAIN! This was a daunting task, because the women who were #11 & #12 on my list are really close friends and I really wanted them in the wedding. Even though they didn't make it into the wedding party, I'm sure they will know they still mean the world to me. Soooo...I decided on 10 girls. You're probably thinking 10 bridesmaids is a crazy amount but I WELCOME it. I think it's a great reflection of all the beautiful friendships I have formed over my lifetime. I can't wait to share with you the amazing women that will stand next to me on the most important day of my life.
The invitations were made with a lot of love. Ryan and I made our own cards but with similar looks. We hand wrote everything because we wanted to give the invitations a personal touch. I have horrible hand writing, so I was trying to con Ryan into writing my cards, but that didn't work. He reminded me that my friends aren't my friends because of my handwriting. Many apologizes to my bridesmaids! The cards were dropped in the mail on Monday morning! I hope everyone has received their cards by now.


No comments:

Post a Comment