May 30, 2012

Hats off to the Queen!


Last night, I was watching Katie Couric's special on the Royal family and of course I was drawn in immediately.  I enjoyed the history lesson on the royal family and learned a few things about the Queen I didn't know before such as......



-She became Queen at age 25 ---YOUNG
-She's was the first Royal to have her crowning televised
-She's the first Queen to have a FB page, twitter, etc (social media)

The Diamond Jubilee will begin this week and I wish I was there to take part of this history.  My friend, Dee Dee has been in Europe for a week now but will be headed to London soon for this special celebration.  I wonder what fancy hats she will be wearing this weekend....




Speaking of hats!  I found this article a few weeks ago at my nail shop.  I enjoyed seeing the style of the queen from young until now. Her style is classic and for an older lady I think she has a pretty good wardrobe.  HATS OFF TO THE QUEEN!






No comments:

Post a Comment