May 1, 2012

Starbucks....Gelato...what's next?

Do you remember the first time you walked into a Starbucks?  Do you remember your experience?  I remember feeling somewhat socially awkward and at the time because I wasn't a coffee drinker.  I didn't know what to order with all the variety and didn't understand their size structure/ lingo (Tall, Grande, Venti).  Also, everyone seemed to be moving at lighting speed. Since then, I've become a coffee geek!  Spending most of my college years studying at the local Starbucks.

My memories of Starbucks came back immediately when over the weekend, Ryan and I went to a new ice cream place called FROST!  Frost is a Italian Gelato Shoppe which is supposed to be healthier than regular ice cream. Of course, we had to try it out!  When we arrived the line was OUT THE DOOR!  I felt like I was trying to get into a special club or something.


After about 15 minutes, I finally reached the front of the line to order and immediately I was asked what size and I responded "small."  The lady responded quickly with "piccolo and what flavor?"  I was confused!  Didn't I say small?!  I don't want pistachios (well that's what I heard at least). As you see in the picture above the names of the sizes.

I can tell the people behind me were getting impatient with my lack of knowledge of sizes and flavors.  I had no clue what to order! After a few samples, I decided on the pineapple flavor which happened to have the least amount of sugar!  SCORE!




This video below reflects some of the funny/awkwardness I felt the first time I went to Starbucks and also this past weekend at the ice cream shop!  Can't we just stick to SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE!!  It would make my life easier....haha  Enjoy the video!




No comments:

Post a Comment