May 18, 2012

Are you PLOPPING?

You're probably wondering what in the world is "ploppling??!"  I was asking the same thing when my sister told me about it last night.  I guess it's a new trend in the curly girl world which helps in styling and controlling curly hair.  My sister mentioned that she had tried it the night before and things turned out pretty well.  I knew  immediately  that I wanted to try it out!  Two hours after talking with my sister last night, I had forgottten the name of it so I started googling   " poolping curly hair", " pulping curly hair", "pumping curly hair" and thank goodness that led me to some "PLOPPING" videos/images.



It's a pretty simple concept if you  follow the pictures above.  Unfortunately, I fell asleep early last night so I wasn't able to try it over night.  Instead, I woke up super early to allow time to dry.  I felt like a NINJA in the head piece!  Ready for battle!  (Curly hair is my daily battle)  I think my husband thinks I'm a little crazy as I tried to mimic my inner ninja (sound effects included).  Maybe it was the coffee that gave me the energy as well.


This is my hair after plopping.  It still a FRO but the curls look nice.  Also, it made my hair shorter which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing.



Here's a you tube video on plopping!  Let me know if you try it!  You can also do it if you have straight hair and needing some volume.  GOOD LUCK!



No comments:

Post a Comment