March 17, 2011

The Proposal & Ring

THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! Ryan proposed on Saturday, March 12th. We spent the whole day outdoors since Arizona had been providing us with beautiful weather. Something we had taken advantage of before it turned 119 degrees. Later that afternoon, we took a walk around a lake in Chandler. This was the same location where we had one of our first dates. When Ryan took me there for the first time, he didn't realize there was not a clear path all the way around the lake, but we were determined still to finish our walk, and not turn around. We had to hop a wall, a fence, and cut through a nearby apartment complex; keep in mind I was wearing a skirt, not my jeans and hiking boots. After our stroll around the lake for the second time, Ryan got down on one knee and proposed. He wanted the walk around the lake to symbolize our life together as husband and wife, implying we will always walk side by side, enduring life's unexpected obstacles, together.

THE RING! Ryan picked the ring out himself and I am very proud of him. Especially, since I come from a jewelry background (my college job). I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful diamond on my finger. Bling! Bling!


No comments:

Post a Comment