September 2, 2012

Grateful. #mommawalker #superwoman

A gift I gave my mother.

Goodness, it's been a long time since I last blogged but trust me I have really good reasons for my disappearance.  It's been a whirl-wind/nightmare of a few weeks but now I'm looking ahead and grateful  for so so much especially for my family, friends and life.

To keep a long story short, I needed to fly to NC to be with my mother and family to tend to my mother's cancer treatment. Things didn't go as planned and in a blink of an eye, I almost lost my mother.  It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced in my life.  That was a week I never want to repeat EVER.  Even though my family experienced a rough week....good things did prevail.

Had snuggle time with my cat, Blue

Starbucks gave me a good laugh with this one!  Bridgette = Richard

Nap time at Duke Hospital, Starbucks 

Rainbow at dinner! Good luck from up above.

My bed & spending quality time with my momma.
Thanks for the magazines, Maya!

Cool Airport lights

Flowers from Dee Dee--- first day back to work. 

Also, family and friends wrapped my family with love and continues to do so.  I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their love and support.  We couldn't have made it through this without you all. Truly such a blessing and couldn't be more grateful.


I'm especially thankful for the out-pour of love you have given my mother.  
Each day she was reminded of how much you love her by phone calls, cards in the mail, Facebook comments, magazines, flowers, fruit, dinners.

See all the beautiful flowers below!

From my husband, Ryan

From my brother, Jason

From my sister, Suzette


From my friend, Yahya

From my friend, Kelly and her family 

From my Aunt Grace and Uncle Pat

From the IBM Family

From the my aunt Olivene & Uncle Paul

From the Ibarra Family, Oscar, Val, Oscar Ray, Brandon, Bianca

From Gilroy Family, Ellen, Alden, Avalon, Yelina

From my friend, Rachel and her family (The Canfields)

Thank you to my sister's friends, Rachael & Allison for the Starbucks gift card & Nosh gift card.

Thank you to my sister's friend, Jordan for the yummy casserole she made for us! 

Thank you to my friends, Jeannie, Maya, and Danielle for keeping me sane at the hospital with visits, food, coffee, prayers, laughs, DONUTS, and magazines. 

Thank you to my aunt Olivene for the lovely dinner she provided my family this week. 

Thank you to my Aunt Val for her wisdom! She is a wealth of knowledge and so thankful to have a doctor in the family! 

Thank you to my friend, Maya for making dinner for my family tonight on my brother's birthday.

Thank you to the HOYES/SPILLER FAMILY  (Louie, Jennifer, Candice, Suzanne,David and Baby M) for sending organic fruit for the next 6 months!


THANK YOU to everyone else I may have missed or anyone that is sending something as we speak.  My family truly appreciates it during this tough time. 


I leave you with this song because my mom is a SUPERWOMAN!  Love you momma.


No comments:

Post a Comment