February 28, 2012

Visiting Jerome

A few weeks back while Kimber Lee was visiting we decided to venture off to Jerome, Arizona. It's a sleepy/hippy/ghost town in the hills of Northern Arizona near Sedona. Best known for it's wineries and ghosts. Also, Maynard Keenan from the band TOOL has a winery there called Caduceus Cellars.
He lives there as well.


I personally just like visiting Jerome and checking out the specialty shops around town.

Caduceus wine tasting!

I like visiting but spending the night.....is not an option in my book.
All the hotels are haunted! NO THANK YOU!

This past weekend, Ryan and his brother decided to spend the weekend in Jerome visiting all the wineries and staying at the famous JEROME GRAND HOTEL. From my understanding, this place use to be a hospital in the 20's.


I took this blurb from Wikipedia to give you some more information regarding the ghosts....

" After the United Verde Hospital became the Jerome Grand Hotel, many hauntings began to occur. According to ghostlyfavorites.com. "Due to the high level of activity in the hotel, it is a quite popular destination for amateur ghost hunters". Guests that have stayed at the hotel reported to hear coughing, labored breathing, and even voices coming from empty rooms. Guests also reported smells coming from rooms, such as flowers, dust, cigar smoke, and whiskey. Others report light anomalies and the television sets turning themselves on with no explanation. Two guests have also reported seeing the apparitions of two ladies, one in a white gown, and another one in a nurses outfit. Many deaths have been reported at the site, including the death of Claude Harvey, who was crushed to death by an elevator, the suicides of two maintenance people, both by hanging, and the deaths of many patients during the United Verde Hospital stage of the hotel. The hotel was featured on TV shows, such as Ghost Adventures and Paranormal Challenge."


Ryan and Tom did experienced some crazy stuff such as strange noises which I could hear while I was on the phone with Ryan. Tom heard screaming at 3 am. They both mentioned strange smells as well. All I know.... I WILL NEVER STAY HERE! Call me chicken but it's not my cup of tea. Gives me chills just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment