February 29, 2012

The Vow: My Review

On Friday, my husband took me to see "The Vow" and I went into the movie with low expectations since it had poor reviews. To my surprise the theater was packed with every seat taken.
We barely got a good seat as well.


Also, let me remind you that I don't cry at movies. Honestly! I didn't cry watching "The Notebook", "Titanic", " Marley & Me" and the list goes on. I've just never been the type to cry at movies.

I hate to admit this but I cried like a little baby watching this flick.
TRUST ME .... I was trying my hardest to hold back the tears.

What made me cry?

I think it's the fact that I'm a newlywed. Also, because the story is TRUE!! In 1993 the real life couple, were only married a few weeks when they both got into a severe car accident. This left the wife with no recollection of meeting, falling in love with or marrying her husband. It was heartbreaking to watch.

Mr. & Mrs. Carpenter
The Actors & The Carpenters

I'm not sitting here to tell you it's Oscar worthy.
I just think it was a good flick to watch and to feel for this real life couple.

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment