April 23, 2011

A Tale About a Veil

My mother's veil is a piece I have always dreamt about incorporating in my wedding ensemble. Her veil was hand-made by my grandmother (my father's mother). It is hard to see in pictures, but pearls are cascading down the veil. Each pearl was sewn by hand as well. As one could imagine, this piece is extremely special to myself and family. Several women in my family have used my mother's veil and have been married for many years, becoming a symbol of good luck. Unfortunately, my mother's veil does not match my dress, since the veil is white. My mother has encouraged me to start my own traditions. She is here in Arizona and has been helping me with this task. I have looked at a variety of styles, but have been indecisive about my decision. And the search continues.......


"The Veil"

A close up of my beautiful mother

Godmother & Aunt Janet, Mom & Dad
They were helping me with the search of the new veil

No comments:

Post a Comment