March 26, 2011

Meet the Bridesmaids

These are the lovely ladies that will be standing next to me on the most important day of my life. They are my best friends and they make up the woman I am today.

Suzette (Maid of Honor)
She's my sister & best friend. I have known her since the day she was born, 23 years ago. We are often mistaken as twins, even though we were born five years apart. She's insanely talented in so many areas such as fashion design, painting, and a graduate of UNC- Chapel Hill. She is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside. The man who ends up with her in life will be a lucky fellow! She understands me better than anyone and I am so blessed to have her in my life. I can't imagine my life without her and love her dearly.



Bridesmaids

Kimber Lee
I have known Kimber Lee since 1st grade a little more than 22 years ago! She has always been my "Southern Belle" friend. Growing up together we looked like complete opposites with her beautiful long blonde hair; I had out of control curly hair! Despite our opposite looks, we have formed a beautiful friendship. We have many childhood memories, playing in her doll house in the back of her parents house and attending family birthday parties. The last time we attended the same school was in 3rd grade and have continued to always stay in contact throughout the years. Kimber Lee has visited with me in Arizona about 3 times since I moved here from NC. She is a graduate of Oglethorpe University. Also, I'm probably one of her only friends that calls her "Kimber Lee" she now goes by " Kimber".



Gabrielle
Gabby is my cousin and I have known her since the day she was born about 19 years ago. She has always been a special part of my life and since moving to Arizona we have become very close. We always have a great time filled with love, laughter, great jokes, and hugs! She once told me she looked up to me which meant the world to me. She is a talented singer and currently a freshman in college. Gabby is known for her sense of humor and can make anyone laugh.


Kelly
I have known Kelly since 7th grade (about 17 years ago). She was the new girl that had just moved to town. She was very quiet and shy. Since then she has come out of her shell. She's always the life of the party. We share many memories of our teenage years as well as college. We attended the same university and she is also a graduate of UNC-Charlotte. We share a love for purses and coffee. I also got the pleasure of being in her wedding and helped in the planning process. Kelly came to visit back in October to celebrate our birthdays! What a treat!




Maya
I met Maya in 10th grade about 14 years ago. I had just moved to Raleigh, NC and was the new girl in school. We had a Math class together and she befriended me. Little did I know this friendship would bring me so much joy. She has always been the friend that I can count on for anything especially a good laugh. We have so many great memories of our youth and love to reflect on our silliness. Maya came to Arizona last January for her birthday. We had so much fun! She is always thinking of me even all the way in Arizona. She is a graduate of UNC- Pembroke and currently working for UNC-Chapel Hill.




Danielle
I also met Danielle in 10th grade about 14 years ago. We became friends quickly as well. Danielle and I share the love of music & dancing. You'll always see us dancing at parties. We are both fans of Mariah Carey, especially her ballads. Danielle is a talented opera singer and a graduate of UNC-Chapel Hill. When I come to visit we always find time to dine at our favorite vegetarian friendly restaurant, Irregardless cafe.



Crystal
I met Crystal at Peace Presbyterian church, 14 years ago. Maya had invited me to visit her church and meet all her friends. Our church group later renamed ourself as the "Cary Crew." We all enjoyed spending our weekends together listening to N'Sync and eating Bojangles. Crystal is an avid reader and introduced me to the joy of reading. She attended East Carolina University where she met her husband. She is now a mother of two beautiful girls. Her husband Kaleo & Crystal paid me a visit here in Arizona back in August. Ryan and I enjoyed spending the day with them in the HOT HOT HOT Arizona sun.



Carey
I also met Carey at Peace Presbyterian church, 14 years ago. She is also a part of the "Cary Crew." She has always been a great friend and we also share many memories. Despite me moving across the country she has always kept in touch. I had the pleasure of being a part of her winter wedding in December 2008. She is a graduate of Meredith College.



Jeannie
I met Jeannie about 8 years ago at Wake Tech. Ironically, we were both studying nursing. Since then she has graduated from NCState and is an engineer at IBM. She is probably one of the sweetest people I have known and has such a big heart. She is also to blame for introducing me to "white chocolate mochas" from Starbucks. If I have conned you into drinking one of these drinks please don't blame me. It's Jeannie's fault! :) Yummy calories! I also had the pleasure of being a part of her wedding back in February 2010.



Nicole
I have known Nicole for almost 2 years. She is Ryan's sister and an amazing person as well. She is always smiling and full of life. She has always welcomed me into her life and I look forward to our future together as sisters.




No comments:

Post a Comment