August 16, 2012

Saving money on Energy! #Nest

As many of you know, my husband is a "techy" "gadget" "av" nerd!  I swear he presents me with a different tool or idea every other week and proves to me how it would change our lives.     




Last Christmas, he had asked for a "Nest".  I thought to myself....what is a Nest???  Bird's nest?!!?  He informed me that it was a high-tech thermostat. He showed me the specs and all the benefits of having it but.....welllll...yeah..... I wasn't going to give my husband a thermostat for our first Christmas as husband and wife.  I would have felt like a total DORK! 

Now it's summer time and that means CRAZY ENERGY BILLS here in Arizona.  In late May, the start of the summer, Ryan bought the "Nest" and I have to admit I wasn't happy about the $200 purchase.  I thought to myself, why do we need to spend this much for a THERMOSTAT!?   You know you've reached adulthood when you're blogging about a thermostat.  




Shortly after our purchase, the "Nest" was featured in Yahoo news and referred to as the Mercedes-Benz of thermostats.  I think I laughed out loud when I read that!  
Really??  Benz = Thermostat  

Then this happened.......

  1. Our bill came in for June and to my amazement it was significantly lower than last year.  
  2. I started to get excited to show people my new app on my phone
  3. I started telling people everywhere (including strangers) about the amazing features of the "Nest" such as
    1. It's super smart
    2. Easy to program locally or from ios device
    3. It knows when we're home and when we're leaving the house
    4. It's memorizes our schedules
    5. I can control from my phone
    6. It's has a snappy look and looks like a toy on our wall
    7. Ohh...much much  more
  4. I saw a special this past Sunday on CBS Sunday Morning News.  Did anyone watch that?


Anyways, point being.....my husband was right!  He's turned me into this "techy" nerd that shows people the benefits of this nifty device. 




I received my energy bill today. I was in disbelief.  This is typically the most expensive bill of the whole year.  It was SIGNIFICANTLY lower than last year and last month!!




If you want to save some money on energy I would highly suggest this product.  No, the "Nest" didn't pay me for this blog.    I'm writing this with sincerity and truth.   


I can't wait for the next bill to see more savings! 


Check out this "Nest" video




No comments:

Post a Comment