May 22, 2012

Kayaking Adventure

As I said before, I went kayaking over the weekend with my husband, brother-in-law, aunt and uncle. Of course, Ryan was behind this trip because it's one of his favorite things to do when it gets hot in Arizona.   I've kayaked before but that was 6 or 7 years ago and it was only for 30 minutes.  

This kayaking trip was so much FUN!! We started at 8am so we could enjoy the cooler weather as long as possible.  After the first 30 minutes, I was starting to get hungry and somehow couldn't stop thinking about cheeseburgers.  For the next three hours, I couldn't stop talking about comfort foods. Something about being in the water always makes me HUNGRY!  It always happens when I go swimming.

The whole experience was amazing and I would do it again.  I did have a few moments where I totally crashed into trees and rocks but that's what makes the whole thing fun.  It's a learning experience.

I do have to mention that my last 30 minutes was HARD!  My hands felt like jello, I was hungry, sore, and exhausted.  When I reached the very end.....my husband informed me that I had rowed 13 miles.  I couldn't believe it!!  That made me feel so good!  "We are the Champions" came ringing in my head.  I know that sounds dramatic but it made me laugh.  4 hours & 13 miles of rowing!

If you decide to go Kayaking here are some tips:

1. Eat a good breakfast
2. Pack snacks
3. Wear gloves
4. Water shoes
5. HAT!
6. The most important.  SUN SCREEN.

As you see in this picture ---- my brother-in-law, Tom failed at #6!  OUCH!

We call him NeopoliTOM.  Looks like pink knee highs too!  








I don't have any pictures of our adventure because we didn't want to risk getting our phones wet.  Maybe next time I will buy a water proof cheapy camera to capture some shots. 

Here's a video I found on YouTube to give you a feel of what we did on Sunday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment