April 19, 2012

Fabric Shopping

Yesterday, I spent my lunch hour searching a warehouse full of fabrics. I'm currently working on a side project for work for an upcoming award ceremony and making some fun runners. As I browsed through all the variations of fabrics, I started to reminisce on my early days in college when I use to be more creative.
My sister and I would visit the fabric stores on the weekend to find fun designs. Once we found something good, our wheels in our mind would be turning quickly! We were successful with many things and I cherish those times with my little sis. As college progressed, my time became limited and my sister continued her journey into the sewing/designer world alone. She has become a talented designer and seamstress. In high school, she made her prom dress and in college, she did several fashion shows.

Suzette Sews!

When I grow up, I want to be just like my sister! The picture below is a skirt she made.
I totally love it and try to steal it every time I'm home ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment